Here are a few facts about Frosty Cereal that you probably didn’t know.
1. Frosty Cereal Was Released in December 2021
In October 2021, Kellogg’s announced on their Instagram that Wendy’s Frosty Cereal would be released to store shelves in December.
The cereal is said to be part of a limited release, so try it today before it’s gone.
2. The Cereal Has More Sugar than the Ice Cream
Who would have thought that a bowl of cereal has more sugar in it than ice cream?
A junior 6 oz Frosty contains 27 grams of sugar. Doing the math, this is just under 24% sugar by weight.
On the other hand, a 42 gram serving of the cereal contains 17 grams of sugar. This comes out to over 40% sugar by weight.
Yes, the amount of sugar that you consume per serving is more for the Frosty ice cream, but the percentage of sugar in the cereal is much higher.
3. Some Weird Ingredients
In addition to 3 different types of sweetener (sugar, dextrose, and corn syrup), Wendy’s Frosty Cereal ingredients are far from natural.
Some of the weird ones are:
- Red 40
- Yellow 5
- Blue 1
- Yellow 6
- Artificial flavor
- Cocoa processed with alkali
Also at the bottom of the nutrition facts, you’ll see a statement that reads “Contains a bioengineered food ingredient”.
4. Back of Cereal Box – Wendy’s Frosty Facts
There are a few Wendy’s Frosty Facts listed on the back of the cereal box.
- Did You Know? In 2021, Wendy’s receives a daily average of about 50 tweets referencing Frosty.
- Frosty treats are made with real cream and fresh milk in the contiguous U.S. only.
- Cool Story: A stack of 3,489 small Frosty treats would reach the tippy. top of the 102-story Empire State Building.
- Frosty Freeze Bowl: Put your bowl of cereal in the freezer for 5 minutes then add milk for a totally chill-icious eating experience!
- It’s ok to eat your cereal with mittens!
There is also a quiz that reads?
On average, about how many Frosty treats does Wendy’s sell in the U.S. per year?
- A. 30,000,000
- B. 130,000,000
- C. 260,000,000
The answer is 260,000,000.